Dr. Karolin Nelles
Przebieg pracy zawodowej
In April 2015 Dr. Karolin Nelles became lawyer and partner with Schindhelm in Hannover, since 2020 in Frankfurt. Prior to this she worked for the law firm SKW Schwarz in Munich, lastly as counsel.
In 1996 she sat her first exam before the Ludwig-Maximilians-University. She took the second exam in Potsdam in 1999. In the course of her legal clerkship she worked as CvD (editor of the day) assistant at a TV news station and made her PhD with Prof. Dr. Rupert Scholz in broadcasting law.
In 2010, Dr. Karolin Nelles gained her Master of Laws in US and Global Business Law at the Suffolk University Boston cooperating with the Eötvös Loránd University Budapest.
In spring 2019, Dr. Nelles became module manager for tourism law at IUBH Internationale Hochschule, one of the leading distance learning universities in Germany for that area.
Dr. Karolin Nelles advises national and international clients within the context of their online activities, in particular e- and m-commerce. Due to long-term consulting for a major online travel platform and a well-known web portal Dr. Nelles has a high level of expertise in the field of drawing up and negotiating contracts, general terms and conditions and documents required under the GDPR in German and English. In the area of liability on the Internet for third-party content she conducted and accompanied many well-known legal proceedings for host and access providers. Dr. Nelles is the joint author of the section “Haftung” (Liability on the Internet) in the commentary “Recht im Internet” (Law on the Internet) published by Schwarz/Peschel-Mehner.
Dr. Nelles also specializes in advising in relation to any kind of advertising measures, among other online marketing and sweepstakes. This includes advising and drafting cease and desist letters in the field of law against unfair competition and data protection law and representation towards regulating authorities and consumer protection authorities. Dr. Nelles also provides of competent knowledge on travel law and copyright law.
- Long-term advice of an online travel company with respect to various contract matters
- Long-term consulting of a well-known web portal regarding terms and conditions including EULAs for a huge range of services
- Successful representation of a famous Internet access provider in preliminary proceedings on data release
- Numerous data protection checks on-site of businesses together with a technical expert
- Advising diverse service providers in the field of telecommunication law, including towards the Federal Network Agency for Electricity, Gas, Telecommunications, Post and Railway ("Bundesnetzagentur")