LL.M. (Chicago-Kent – Illinois Institute of Technology)
Advocate / Partner
Witold graduated of the Faculty of Law and Administration at the Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin.
He also completed post-graduate studies at LL.M. in international and comparative law in Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology.
He completed his legal training at the District Bar Council in Warsaw.
He has worked for leading companies from the industrial automation and cooling industries, including a global leader in the field of electronic security and fire protection systems, a renowned supplier of fittings and valves for industry and power, and one of the world’s leading producers of heating and cooling systems, advising them on business negotiations, commercial contracts, and dispute resolution.
He is the author of numerous publications on public procurement law and civil law. He conducts seminars, trainings and workshops in the field of construction law and public procurement law.
He is an active member of the professional self-government of lawyers of the Bar Association in Warsaw. He sits on the Image and Communication Committee of the District Bar Council in Warsaw.
He is a co-founder of the ASEMEA Association - the European Association for the Development of Economic Relations and Cooperation with the Countries of Asia, the Middle East and Africa, and a member of the Public Procurement Law Association.
Prior to joining SDZLEGAL Schindhelm Witold managed the practice of construction law and industrial engineering as well as public procurement at a reputable international law firm. Partner at SDZLEGAL Schindhelm since July 2020.
Witold Sławiński is an attorney-at-law specializing in construction law, public procurement law and litigation.
Witold renders legal services for development processes and construction contracts for leading companies in the construction and industrial sectors, in particular for entities from the building automation industry, cooling and heating systems, and early ice detection systems on roads, highways and airports as well as oil and gas sector.
He also represents clients in courts proceedings and proceedings before the National Appeals Chamber. He advises his clients on business negotiations on business negotiations, commercial contracts, and dispute resolution.
He has over 13 years of experience providing legal advice on implementation of major infrastructure projects involving public contracts for construction of road infrastructure, power plants and stadiums, including representation before the National Appeals Chamber.
Witold also advises construction and engineering companies in infrastructure projects implemented under FIDIC contract conditions.
- Ongoing and comprehensive advise for a Contract Engineer on numerous legal FIDIC-based matters related to the Warsaw's Southern Bypass (POW), including in particular a claims of the Contractors, providing a complex and on-going advice with respect to all legal matters concerning this project. The value of the construction works exceeds 2.5 billion PLN.
- Representing NGOs associating the largest employers of the construction industry before the National Appeals Chamber regarding an appeal filed by NGO in a tender for the design and construction and dredging works as part of the modernization of the Świnoujście - Szczecin fairway, led by the State Treasury - Director of the Maritime Office in Szczecin. The value of the proceedings is PLN 1.2 billion;
- Representing NGOs associating the largest employers in the construction industry before the National Appeals Chamber regarding an appeal filed by NGOs in the procedure for concluding a framework contract for substitute performance regarding construction works on railway lines, operated by PKP PLK SA. The case concerned a charge of imprecise description of the subject of the contract. The value of the proceedings is PLN 2.5 billion;
- Legal advice to the contracting authority on the preparation and conduct of a public procurement procedure for the design, delivery and operation of the National Toll Collection System (ETC) in Poland; services included preparation of a feasibility study, specification of essential terms of the contract and consultancy in the course of the public procurement procedure (contract value EUR 1.20 billion). The consultancy also included supervision over the performance of the contract and solving problems under the contract and the Public Procurement Law;
- Representation and legal advice for the investor of one of the most modern in Europe Marine Sulfuric Acid Reloading Base located in the Port of Szczecin in a court dispute with the general contractor of this investment implemented in the design and build formula (contract value over PLN 50 million);
- Advising the contracting authority in a public procurement procedure conducted in a restricted tender procedure regarding the construction of the S7 expressway section Warsaw - Kraków, representation by the National Appeals Chamber (contract value over PLN 1 billion);
- Legal advice to the contracting authority in preparation of the procedure for the selection of a consulting service provider in road and highway projects (technical, economic and engineering), the value of each contract is about EUR 2.5 million;
- Legal advice to the contracting authority in 'Design and Build' projects in relation to toll sections of the A1 and A2 motorways, with a total project value exceeding EUR 3.5 billion, in the scope of the tender procedure, preparation of draft contracts and support in negotiations with the selected contractor;
- Advising the contracting authority in negotiating contracts for the construction and operation of the A2 motorway, in the project regarding section II of the motorway (contract value EUR 1.3 billion);
- Representation before a common court of the world leader in the production of heating and cooling systems in a dispute regarding claims for the existence and scope of defects and faults of the installed heating and cooling system in an office building (in particular, incorrect selection of the equipment power to the parameters and specificity of this building). The dispute concerns technically complex aspects of the operation of HVAC installations;
- Advising one of the largest petroleum companies in Poland in the scope of analyzing the correctness of the contractors selection process as well as on the conclusion and execution of a construction contract concerning works related to the renovation of Petrobaltic sea platform, in terms of compliance with the provisions of Public procurement law (the value of the contract over PLN 100 million);
- Advising a consortium in a appeal proceedings regarding a project related to the construction of two new power units with a total capacity of 1,800 MW at Opole Power Plant. The investment is important from the point of view of Poland's energy security. Contract value of circa PLN 11.5 billion (one of the largest public procurement in the Polish energy sector).